Friday, February 12, 2010

Ling Siew's Wedding (night)

My aunt made the declaration that the wedding dinner shall start on time... and she actually made it! Right at 7.30pm, which is the time stated in the invitation card, the bride and groom started their marching in procession! How I wish all wedding dinners are like that. But I guess my aunt has all the advantages. My cousin's house is in the housing estate next to the Grand Kampar Hotel (which is where the dinner is at) and the bride's family is staying right in the Grand Kampar Hotel... so, there is no reason for it to be late due to waiting for VIPs!

My mum has been really enthusiastic about this dinner. Mainly because she's meeting up with lots and lots of relatives on her side. She never really like my father's side family and vice versa :P Anyway, I am unsure how accurate her info is, since aunties' gossips are never reliable, but I was told that my aunt actually invited another chef from KL to prepare the wedding dinner... which is actually believable since my previous experience with Kampar Grand Hotel was not particularly enthusiastic. And here are the dishes... I think the guest chef only cook a few dishes lah...

Five Combination Platter... I'm glad this dish is not the one I tasted last time... this time, the dishes are of higher quality albeit still not really up to my standards :P

Oh yeah, this is the bride and groom's table... never seen such a big table!

The deco are quite lovely... the ceiling was filled with multicoloured helium filled balloons... the downside is that the balloons tend to get sucked into the air vents causing the atmosphere to be rather stuffy.

Ballerinas...

This is supposed to be the star dish of the night cause the guest chef is famous for making shark fin's soup!

This is the share of shark fins I got! So little but it's all just ingredients without the starch soup... but honestly I can't see/taste what the fuss is all about...

Steamed Pomfret fish.... quite nice, but it's just an ordinary dish...

The emcees for the night... as usual, the woman's voice overpowers that of the man... :P but their singing are quite nice without those ear jarring noise...

Drinking... aren't they afraid that they are drinking the soap bubbles? :P

The guess who's hand is your wife's game... sadly, my cousin failed miserably at this...

Sigh... how many times do I have to shout and complain that this herbal dish is more suitable by using duck instead of chicken!

Normal prawns...

Mushroom and broccoli...

Sticky rice...

Longan and kaya pau...

My nephew Shauun... the couples were not the happiest person that night :P

Basically, the food was so-so only loh... better than previous food served in the same hotel, but it's nothing to shout about. The only thing worth mentioning is the decoration. I think that it really is quite nice and it made a lot of children happy that night... all of them were clamoring for the balloons when the dinner ended... and since they were not tall enough, their parents have to take them up to get the balloons... it was really a sight to see!

No comments: