Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Good Side of the Bank?

I never thought I would say this, but I was pleasantly surprise in an encounter with my credit card bank... Direct Access. I received a phone call that day and I was thinking that it was another telemarketer from some insurance company saying that I'm the lucky few to be picked to get this really good policy.

 I was tempted to say I was busy and never to call me ever again :P. But the good side of me managed to get a rein of my temper. This girl was actually from the Direct Access credit card center (not the "I got your info from the bank but actually work for insurance company") and she said that she noticed I have several credit cards with them and she was asking if I would like to cancel some of my credit cards!!!

I was stunned for a moment. I mean, these people are usually asking why I want to cancel the credit card... instead, she asked if I would like to cancel my credit card! Of course, it might be some hoax/fraud run by some really terrible people who want to siphon info of my credit card from me. But the questions she asked me while are confidential, should not be enough to do any permanent damage since they did not ask for password or access number... so I gave her the info she needed to "verify my status".

And the next day, my credit card was gone from the online bank account! This incident really showed me that there is goodness even in the devil's heart :P

No comments: