Friday, December 5, 2008

Update - Lost Passport

Ugh.. it has been forever since my last update. Was busy searching for my passport. Yup, I have now officially lost my passport.

I searched in my current room and went back hometown last week to overturn my house to look for it and nada, zip, nothing! I think I lost it when I moved to my current room during the month of June. I remembered putting my passport inside a 2008 calendar... I supposed I might have thrown it away when I was clearing away my stuff when moving out of the apartment.

Sigh... now I have to go to the police station and make a report... which is troublesome and embarrassing at the same time! The only silver lining is that my passport is supposed to be valid until January 2009 only anyway so if I renew it now I would not lose out too much of the unused months.

However, I'll be fined for losing my passport... not to mention I need to pay to have my police report printed out too! Well, does anyone have any idea what is the fine for losing a passport? I searched online and did not find any info on this. Would different reasons for losing the passport result in different amount of fine? I am still thinking how I should make the report :P

It's so embarrassing to tell them that I lost it when clearing out my old stuff... I'm not sure if they'll even believe me! I can't say someone broke into my house and stole it since if I did that, I'll have to cook up some insane story about missing tv, laptop, etc. since it is impossible for a burglar to break into a house to steal a passport and nothing else. 

I can't say I lost it to a snatch thief because it is also unbelievable that a local would be toting around with a passport in his bag!

Well, I supposed honesty is the best policy. Sigh... I hope that the fine is not too much... need money to buy my Christmas presents! :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u should not worry about the fine...the more serious thing is whether they'll issued u a new one or not!! AFAIK , they only will issue to u after going thru a lot of procedure, and its the one last chance. if lost lagi, prepare to say bye bye to ur world touring dream...

Bamboo said...

OMG! Really? I have always thought it to be similiar to losing IC. Make report, fine and get a replacement... well, I supposed an international passport is much more valuable and sought after than being a resident of Malaysia :P

CY said...

I'd advise you to take extra care on ur new passport, if u get one. Lost passports are a real hassle to replace. With the recent "rumours" of Malaysian passports being used by the Mumbai terrorists, you really have to hang on tight to yours. :)

Bamboo said...

CY: Gulp... maybe I should hold off in reporting to police until matters cool down first