Monday, October 6, 2008

What I Did During the Raya Holidays

01/10/2008
Woke up at 9am. Planned to go for hiking at 7am but someone seemed to have turned off the alarm which is supposed to go off at 6.30am. Ah well, there’s always tomorrow. Since it’s 9am, the time is just right for my backup plan. Did the ritual morning stuff and reached shopping complex at 9.45am.

Hooray! The big table is empty. Sat down at the table meant for 4 people and have my breakfast while using my laptop to go online.I must thank profusely the person who created Facebook. It saved me from having a bored breakfast. Played “League of Heroes” almost every 10 minutes. Also played Mousehunt, Ultimate Hitman, Dungeons and Dragons, Poker, Blackjack and Bubble Town.

Next, went to the bookshop where they are having a 20% discount on novels when you purchase a magazine! It has been almost two months from my last novel purchase. I figured that spending RM30++ for a book that I can finish in less than a week is just not worth it. But wanting to spend the 20% coupon, I finally purchase a novel by Rob Thurman with the title “Madhouse”. It’s a fantasy novel about two brothers fighting supernatural forces in the city… kind of like “Dresden Files” series which is one of my favorites.

Wanted to eat sushi but there is a long, long line waiting in front of the restaurant. I just don’t understand people. No food is worth the wait in a line that long. Instead, I chose the good old KFC. Finishing that, I went home and start watching anime, “One Piece.” A very nice anime, very funny too and at some episodes will tug at your heartstrings.

Then, went to Old Town Coffee shop to have my dinner. The dry curry noodle is quite nice, although it has quite a strong “Indian curry” flavour. The “Xi Mut” Iced Tea is nice too… for a person who do not drink coffee. For those who do drink coffee, maybe you should try the famed “White Coffee”… no guarantees, though.
Went home and play pc game… new game, quite similar like Heroes of Might and Magic… and it managed to keep me engrossed until 1am before I retire for the day

02/10/2008
Woke up at 7am and planned to hike today. Unfortunately, it was raining cats and dogs and I crept back into my cozy bed and warm comforter. Woke up again at 9am. Today, going to a shopping complex far away… need more than 30 minutes drive. Reach there around 10.15am and had breakfast at Coffee Bean. Go online with my laptop too… sigh, I shudder at the thought of not having the laptop with me. Watch several episodes of “One Piece” there too. Finally left at 12 noon.

Stop by at the Popular bookstore but found no new novels that interest me and the new magazines for the month of October is not in yet. Spotted a Sony center that sells PS3. Went in and listen to the salesman brag about it to a big group of people. Sigh… I can’t get the PS3 without a TV… and it would just be a waste if I use a 15” TV to play PS3 games. Hmmm… note to self… go back and ask mum whether can take the 29” TV back here :P

2pm… hungry again. Stopped by at this place called “Manila Place”. Had lamb chop and tom yam soup. Nice, but the main reason I eat there is because it has free Wifi! So, go online again while eating. I’m the only one with a laptop in the restaurant. 4pm start to leave the shopping complex. Luckily, there’s no car jam… reached home in less than 30 minutes. Open up my laptop again and continue my pc game.

10pm… a little bit hungry… so go to McDonalds and eat while reading my new novel.

03/10/2008
Have to go to work today. I supposed I could have take leave even though technically I’m not allowed to. Well, it’s not as if I have anything to do at home anyway. Very boring day at office since no one is online in MSN and no one to talk to. Just read up some stuff here and there and did some rudimentary work, planning. Had to try very hard to keep my eyes open.

Lunch came and I decided to eat outside. Should not have done so. Eating outside within one hour is definitely pushing it. Got some stupid people who is blocking my side of the road thus preventing me from leaving the car park of the shopping complex. Then, reached office to find that the car park in front is full and had to park at the car park at the back, which then I have to walk for 10 minutes before reaching my place. To make things worse, it started to drizzle too. Definitely not a good lunch.

Finally, the clock struck 5 and I immediately went home while grabbing some KFC along the way. Sat down in front of my laptop and watch “One Piece.”

04/10/2008
Woke up at 8am. Too late and sunny to hike. So, had breakfast instead. Already filled with people… I thought all people “balik kampung” already.

Went to shopping complex again. This time only order a glass of iced tea while I use my laptop to go online again. After that, went to another shopping complex to purchase DVDs.

Reached home and watch the new movies I purchased.
Realised at 4pm that I did not have lunch. Went out and purchase a “Chicken Cordon Bleu” from Secret Recipe… nice, but too expensive.
Continued to play pc game and read several more chapters of my new novel before going to sleep and ended up finishing the book.

05/10/2008
Woke up at 6am to the loud peal of thunder. Rained even more heavily than Thursday’s. Assumed it’s God’s way of telling me to go back to sleep. Woke up again at 9am. Went to breakfast at Starbucks… while online, of course. Then, went to bookstore to spend my remaining 20% voucher. Bought a 3 in 1 book that is the “Legend of Drizzt” series. The story is a little bit light for my taste, but acceptable.

Finally saw no one lining up at Sakae Sushi. I think my bill was around RM40 for lunch. Leave the shopping complex and went shopping at Giant. Still saw people buying bulks and bulks of food and drinks… I guess the economy did not really slowed as much as claimed, huh?

Finished my weekly grocery shopping and went home and continue my anime watching and pc game playing. Walked across the street to the restaurant located opposite my house and had dinner there while reading my newly bought novel.

Continued my pc game until my eyes started to close by itself and refuse to open. Went for a shower and feel refreshed, but I shut down my laptop and sit down to read my novel. Slept at 2am.

7 comments:

iamthewitch said...

Wah! Your holidays are really 'eventful' :P Loyal Coffee Bean customer. What did you eat until RM40 at Sakae Sushi lar!

CY said...

is it not true that u were raving on about a diet plan and a new you before this?

what u're having this holiday sounds more like a sin food fest! hahahah...

Bamboo said...

iamthewitch: i think it was chicken sukiyaki, gyoza, renkon chip and chicken katsu... wanted to order tori karaage too, but full d :P

cy: it's part of the plan... first, i make the stomach accustomed to great amount of food and then i starve them... so the stomach would still run as if there's a lot of food and thus will burn the fat! New improved diet plan for the y-gen by Bamboo

Anonymous said...

bamboo : no training..tsk tsk tsk..and chinese new year is coming soon :P

Bamboo said...

iamdoryfish: As I said, it's all part of "the plan". :P

Unknown said...

It's not that I want to 'zha' you.. but doubt you can shed of those extra kgs you want within such a short period of time. Good luck anyway.

Bamboo said...

hsiang: We must do things one step at a time ya :P