Saturday, June 13, 2009

Witch's Farewell (Meal 1)

I know, I know... I haven't updated my blog for like forever... well, I had a really busy month... I do have a job, you know... and I had to do OT frequently, not to mention I think I'm having some chronic sleep deprivation... I can sleep for 9 hours and still feel very sleepy and tired... I think there's one episode in House MD series that tackle this problem... will watch it again at home.

That and also I'm still reeling from the fact the Witch has left the company that I'm working in :P. So, now I'm going to talk about the good food that I managed to savour as a result of the numerous farewell lunches/dinners the Witch had. I had three farewell meals with her! And I had to eat plain bread for the rest of the month since her taste is not exactly in my pay grade range :P.

First meal, it's a dinner at Bella Italia. Never been there before and I do like Italian food... and Japanese food and Mexican food and well, now that I think about it, just about anything :P.

Anyway, first up, it's the garlic bread which is recommended by the Witch and Doryfish.

Basketful of Garlic Bread

Well, it is a quite nice garlic bread (if you don't look at the price). However, I prefer my garlic bread to be crispy in the outside and soft in the inside... this one is sort of crispy all throughout, but it's definitely not as a result of being overdone.

Next, it's the main course... well, you'll have to forgive me if I don't remember the names... afterall, it's was quite some time ago.

Spaghetti Cabonara

Well, this is what Doryfish had... and I was supposed to order this too... well, I planned to order Fettuccine Cabonara but the Witch told me that Fettuccine is the pasta which is shaped like squares with fillings in the middle... which she was obviously wrong! Fettuccine is flat and long like "pan mee"... but since she's the "expert" I decided to follow her advice and ordered Ravioli instead! My oh my... Ravioli IS the pasta with fillings... the exact thing that I did not want!



Ravioli something... forgot what is the name of the sauce :P

I had Ravioli in Sabah in this restaurant called Little Italy... and it's not good... and unfortunately, it's the same here! Make no mistake, the cheese based sauce is very nice... but the Ravioli itself is terrible. I mean, who actually put spinach inside a pasta? Yuck!


Some seafood based spaghetti

And the Witch ordered the Spaghetti Marinara (I think that's the name :P) which she claimed to be the best pasta in the restaurant. Well, I can't comment on that since I don't like tomato based pasta sauce. My personal favourite is still cheese based and cream based sauce.


Spaghetti Marinara


Last, but not least, is the Tiramisu which we ordered one and shared amongst 5 people! And this is Doryfish's favourite. After tasting it, I have to concur to Doryfish's opinion. Of course, I don't feel the sudden rush of true love (I was told that Tiramisu is supposed to do that... most probably due to the alcohol :P), but the texture is smooth and soft but not yucky kind of soft. Not too sweet and the flavour is just nice. Definitely a must try if you ever visit this place.

Tiramisu

6 comments:

iamdoryfish said...

poor bamboo, ended up with ravioli. :P kaka, next time order spaghetti cabonara ya? Eh, why no group photo 1?

CY said...

i agree with u, garlic bread should not be crispy through n through. coz it'd be garlic biscuit then.

as for spinach inside pasta...well one man's food is another man's poison.

iamthewitch said...

Bamboo! I miss you!!! No one to lend me TVB/Desperate Housewives series now. And to listen to my crap during lunch. *sob*

Bamboo said...

iamdoryfish: group photo taken with Witch's camera mah... so I dun have :P

CY: Yup, Popeye's favourite food is definitely my poison.

iamthewitch: miss u too... doryfish always so busy eating outside and king yu on diet :(.

CY said...

no need to miss liao. Bamboo quick quick get a job in KL.

Then maybe I can return all your DVDs to you as well. :P

Bamboo said...

CY: well, you can always return them during CNYs through Rain.