Friday, August 28, 2009

Misfortune With My Car


Sigh, don't know what happen with me and my car lately... a series of misfortune events befell me due to my car.

Few weeks ago, a motorist like the butt of my car so much that she just rammed into it. No, it's definitely not my fault. I was waiting at the traffic lights and the colour was definitely red! Of course, even though it was plainly not my fault, bystanders would think that I'm the one at fault since I'm driving a car and the other is riding a motorcycle. And also, I'm a guy and the one on the floor is a woman. So, I had to get down from my car and ask if she's okay. Strangely though, she apologized. My car had been hit by a vehicle four times in the past four years (of which three of them is not my fault) and none of them has ever apologized to me! Well, even though my bumper has dropped down (still attaching to the car though), I took pity in her since the front wheel of the bike was totally off angle. Luckily for her, I'm not one of those people who would kill for just getting a scratch in their cars. I don't care about the exterior of the car... what matters to me is the interior of the car, eg. engine, brakes and stuff.

Then, a few days later, I couldn't turn my alarm off with my car key button. Apparently, the battery of my car key is dead. The problem is, I have never bothered to find out where the button to turn off the alarm is in my car. Since my car was initially locked with alarm on, while I can open the door by using the car key, I need to find the button in my car to turn off the wailing alarm. And I was so afraid that someone would accuse me of stealing a car since the alarm was wailing like mad with me groping in the car to find the button. After several minutes of groping and failing to find the button, I was lucky enough to still managed to squeeze one final juice from the car key battery and I managed to turn off the alarm using the car key. Now, I still have no idea where is the button in the car that will turn off the alarm :P.

Another few days later, I found that the car plate of my car is missing! I don't know exactly when it was gone since I rarely do reverse parking and so, I rarely look at the front of my car (only the front plate is missing). Well, looking at another side of my situation, I could say that I was lucky. This is because, my car plate dropped off once two years ago. That time, a friendly McDonalds drive-thru cashier notified me that only one corner of my car plate is still attached to the car. So, I got off the car and slam the car plate back to it's position. And that actually lasted for two years! I'm not sure for other cars, but my car's car plate is attached to the car by using only glue (put by car manufacturer, not by me :P). So, I think it's pretty unsafe loh. I went to the shop and ask them to make two holes in my new car plate and ask them to bolt it down into my car... now, it's definitely safe!

For the next thing that would occur to my car, I would predict my car battery being dead. It has been more than 2 years since I last change my car battery, so I would expect it to be dead anytime now. The first 3 misfortunes that happened to my car was resolved with only minimal amount of money. The bumper was corrected with only RM8, while the car key battery costs RM6 and the car plate costs RM13. The car battery however, is another matter. I wonder if the price increased much since two years ago. Must start saving now!

4 comments:

iamthewitch said...

Poor thing! Luckily all your misfortunes don't cause a fortune! Anyway, I tagged you in one of my posts! Go play the game ok! :) Counting on you to win :P

ablogaway said...

Oh dear, you better go change your battery faster. Hopefully no more misfortune after this. My battery lasted exactly 2 years! And I don't think your car model has the button to turn off the alarm, I can't find it myself and was told that this model doesn't have such feature (correct me if I'm wrong!)

myloonatic said...

erm, u can afford to buy original PS3 disc while need to save up to buy a car battery???
if i'm not wrong, the alarm off button is situated at front passenger seat below the glove box.

Bamboo said...

iamthewitch: Sure thing!

ablogaway: Nah, as with most of the kiasu Malaysians... I will wait until the car cannot start b4 changing the batteries :P. According to the car manual, there is such a button.

myloonatic: It's because of the PS3 games that I need to save to buy car battery ler... next year Q1 got lots of good games. The car manual says it's there too, but I can't find it!