Saturday, May 1, 2010

Efficiency of LHDN

This is just unbelievable! I submitted my income tax forms last month... beginning of April, and three weeks later, I actually got the check for my extra payment of income tax due to the monthly scheduled tax deduction!

If this is not called efficiency, I don't know what it is! And that is one more reason why one should submit early... and also using the online submission forms. I still don't know why people like to submit as late as possible. Is it because of the interest rates? Or is it just out of spite?

I really don't think the government should specially extend their working hours into the midnight at the last day just so that all people can submit on time. Instead, they should just work regular time and for anyone who is a second late, they should be fined.

After that, no one would ever try to submit the income tax forms the last minute! Although an iron fist government is not the most popular thing and I don't really like that kind of government, sometimes, people are just like children. They need to be smacked and punished to behave.

We are always teaching our children to be punctual and follow house rules but the adult themselves can't even follow a simple deadline that was given a two months grace period. Something is really very wrong with our people!

1 comment:

iamthewitch said...

Ehh!! Same here! I submitted at the end of first week of April, and got a cheque in the 3rd week! I was so worried to see a letter from LHDN at first, but it turned out to be a cheque! Bravo!