Friday, March 12, 2010

Kiat Soon's Wedding

Ah, Malacca, how I missed you... the opportunity (or rather excuse) to visit Malacca came when one of my ex-coursemate held his wedding in Malacca. The wedding meal was a luncheon and it was held in Rennaissance Hotel.

I was figuring out on whether to take a bus or plane there when my friend offered to drive me there! Hurrah! We arrived at Malacca around before 12 and checked into the hotel room that was booked by the groom for us... which is a really fortunate matter (more on that later).

Anyhow, following are the pictures taken over there...

Ice goose... or is it a swan?

Top tier of the wedding cake...


Stage decoration...


Main table decoration

Another angle of the main table...

The one in the red box is fruit cake and the one in the yellow box is a customized chocolate... the pictures and words are white chocolate! Didn't managed to try them as it melted when I reached home :(

First dish... Rennaissance Five Treasure Hot & Cold Hors D'oeuvre Combination... surprisingly nice... I've never put much faith in hotel food, but this one is a real nice opener...


Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crab Meat & Dried Scallops... fist time I see that the shark's fin come separately and was poured into the soup when served... but still, I think the starch / shark's fin ratio is too high :P


The band for the day... Rhumba Fusion Band... apparently quite famous in KL... visited their webpage and they performed for really a lot of events... got four of five of them with 3 of them singing alternately... and I think they are worth the fame... wonder how much they are charging :P 

Roasted Crispy Chicken with Prawns Cracker... the chicken is too tender... prefer the prawn cracker :P


Steam Pomfret-Hong Kong Style... nothing special about it...

Champagne pouring ceremony...

Fried Prawns in Two Varieties... love especially the salad prawns...



Braised Sliced Pearl Abalone with Pacific Clams... 

Steamed Glutinous Rice in Lotus Leaf...

Deep Fried Sesame Ball with Lotus Seed... nice!

Sweetened Red Bean Cream with Rice Dumpling... not your normal dessert...the Red Bean Cream is not really that nice, but at least it's special!

These two bottles were empty by the end of the lunch!


A group of drunkards drinking :P... notice the dark brown liquid... they are all alcohol... not even one single drop of tea... the bride's uncle who is drinking with us, checked every glass before drinking his own.

The guys... two of them are super drunk...:P

My day did not end there... my friend who brought me to Malacca was madly drunk. My other friends have to take him by each arm to take him back to his room up in the hotel (thankfully we decided to stay there)... and when he reached the bathroom he started vomiting... first in the toilet bowl, then the wash basin and finally on the floor! And he vomited from 3pm to 8pm! I didn't dare to take a nap and cannot go into the bathroom! And he was giving me this cold stare whenever I tried to guide him to his bed. So, I just check up on him now and then and just let him vomit all over the bathroom floor.

It was the first time I have to take care of a drunk all by myself and it was a really eye opening experience. My strategy is to leave him alone and just check up on him now and then to ensure he's still breathing :P. Anyhow, despite the rather unpleasant experience with my friend, I think it is still worth the trip to drive so far to Malacca (no I drive mah :P)

1 comment:

Lisa Ng said...

Hi, I'm Lisa. I am planning to have a wedding in melaka & considering hiring the a band. How did you like the Rhumbafusion band? I googled them and found your blog. Were they good?
My future husband and his family are Canadians, so I really need to find a band that sings english songs well.

Thanks for the help.

Please email me at lisashng@gmail.com.