Thursday, July 2, 2009

King's Wedding

On 28th July 2009, I attended a colleague's wedding. He is one of the few who frequently have lunches with me. I reached the Green Laurel Hotel at around 7.30pm... which is half an hour later than the time mentioned on the invitation card... but as usual, the dinner officially started only around 1 hour later than that mentioned in the card... and in this case, it was 75 minutes later.

Here are the pictures of the setting of the ballroom.

My table... number 10

The wedding cake!

The place where the champagne goes...

The main table...

Love is on the glass...

Not really a candlelight dinner :P

Ice sculpture of a swan... I think

My other colleagues at the same table...

Same as the above...

Same as the above... :P

And oh, it's the first time I attended a wedding with a real live band! Did not manage to get the photo of the pianist though... and all of the three singers have very powerful voices...

Some of the pictures shown on the projector again and again...

Same as the above...

The triple drinks I had that night...

Now, on to the more important matters... the food!

Laurel Exclusive Delights Combination... basically means four type of dishes combined into one ler... it's quite nice... but then again, it might be because we were hungry... the plate was cleaned in just less than 5 minutes and there were only 8 people in our table.

Shark's Fin Soup with Crab Meat & Dried Scallops... what not to like? Although some XO would have been perfect together with it... and there were quite a lot of crab shells that I had to filter through...

Close up look of the Shark's Fin Soup.

Braised Golden Duck with Quail Eggs... the duck is nice enough... it isn't rough at all... but not too soft... just nice... a little bland for my taste though... and I think it's the first time I had quail eggs!

Braised Sea Cucumber 'Hung Siew' Style... alas, I did not manage to get the sea cucumbers... I think there were still some left but I think it's quite rude to search through the plate for the sea cucumbers... so I just scoop everything with a spoon... and there were only mushrooms :(

Halfway through, as usual, is the champagne pouring ceremony... the groom had some problem in popping the first bottle...

Pouring...

And drinking...

Toasting ceremony... this picture was taken on a mirror since everyone is blocking my camera view especially the 'official' cameramen... nice huh? :P

Next, is the Sauteed King Prawns with Vegetables & Cashew Nuts in Yam Ring... and it is one of the best dish that day... the prawns are super big, super fresh and super nice! And I haven't had any yam ring in years! And the cashew nuts were nice and crunchy too!

Close up of the yam and the prawn..

Steamed Pomfret with Supreme Soy Sauce... I think this was a little overdone... the meat was starting to feel dry and rough...

Crispy Raw Noodles with Seafood & Vegetables... the prawns are the same size as the earlier dish, but is of different quality... it was soft and is nothing like the earlier prawns... but other than that, the noodles were quite nice... crispy and soft at the same time!

Final dish... Double Boiled Sweetened Palm Fruit with Snow Fungus... this is the first time I had snow fungus in a wedding dinner... and also the first time I had a hot dish as the final dish... usually we I had was iced longan, ice cream... it's usually a cold dish...

Don't know what it is, but it's nice!

Snow Fungus close up... too tasteless for me :P

And the group photo with the bride and groom... ignore the alien at the bottom right...

Anyway, I have my many firsts in this wedding dinner just when I thought I have been to enough wedding dinners to make me an expert. First band, first ice sculpture, first hot final dish, etc. and also the first time to finish a wedding dinner after 11pm! I reached home only by midnight! Luckily, I took a leave on the next day... I slept until 9am!

The bride and groom looks good together and the groom is basically radiating in happiness that night... really... you can't see any other expression other than happiness on his face... I guess that's what it looks like when you're drowning in love :P

Anyways, happy wedding and I hope that your marriage will bring you nothing but joy and happiness! To King Yu and Cassey Loh!... now known as Mr. and Mrs. Liew!

3 comments:

CY said...

bam, hate to say this but what happened to your diet plan? :P

Bamboo said...

CY: well, i ate very little only mah... as can be seen from the pic :P

iamthewitch said...

Congratulations to King! Sorry I missed out on your wedding, may you have an everlasting and loving marriage. :)