Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yik Ting's Wedding in Malacca

My ex-classmate Yik Ting had a wedding dinner on 28th December 2008 in Malacca. Coincidentally, I was having a long holiday during the Christmas and thus I only need to drive from Perak to Malacca... and that itself took me 4 hours plus to reach.

Anyway, the gals, Rainbow, Cat and LK were in Kampar as well and they wanted to be with the bride in the morning when the bridegroom whisk her off to his house. So, I had to take the gals to Malacca at 3am in the morning! I had never drove for two states before and I was unsure if I am able to keep awake the whole time. I sometimes even feel sleepy when driving back from Penang to Kampar!

Luckily, the gals kept me occupied (for three quarters of the road anyway :P) and so, we were able to reach Malacca in one piece. Following are the photos taken on 28th December 2008 from 7am onwards.



The gals putting on their make-up before presenting themselves at the bride's house.


The gals, after their make-up... sorry, I am unable to post the "before" pic since my life would definitely be in danger if I do so... :p


A cute baby who is captivated by my soothing presence :P


Girl power....


The bride, anxious awaiting her husband...


Arrival of the groom and his 'gang'



One of the multiple 'tests' the groom and his gang had to go through to get to the bride's room... strange that only the groom had to prove his love to the bride while it is deemed unnecessary for the other way around.


The final 'test'... a written test in which the groom had to tell the bride why he love her... I thought love is blind :P


The groom had to take off his coat due to the heat and pressure as the bride phoned him and complained that his answers were inadequate.


Finally, the bride and the groom are together...


The tea drinking ceremony...


Wedding car... it has 2 numbers only... cannot place bet lah... and I was hoping to claim my petrol through the punters :(


Well, since the bride's house is near Jonker Walk, we of course had the famous Chicken Rice Balls for lunch!... or was it breakfast?


The 'balls'... strange, it tasted better 3 years ago...


But I think that the best food to have in Malacca is not "Sate Celup" or "Chicken Rice Balls"... instead, it's the "Baba Cendol" that's the best... available only in Malacca... I love the original flavour... though some preferred the durian flavour... yucks...


The Cat giving a big munch on her lunch...


The groom (or was it the bride?) arranged accommodation for us... this is the room the gals are staying in... got air-cond, tv and bathroom... and oh, it's not a hotel... it's a terrace house that has multiple rooms like this one.


This is the souvenir we got at the wedding dinner.


The gals... looking fine even though lacked of sleep... the wonders of a skillfully applied make-up :P


The wedding cake... I never had the chance to taste it though...


The table where the bride and groom sits...


Mole-ron... long time no see... :P


Starters... spicy peanuts


The bride in her evening gown... or is it still considered as wedding gown?


Bride and groom walking through the front door... finally!!!


Mixed platter... not very nice... some of them are cold... and they are supposed to be hot...


Shark's fin...


Roasted piglet... a bane for the girls


Steamed fish...


The red wine that is served... don't know whether it is considered good or not... I wouldn't know one bitter taste from one another...


Groom: Ooops, sorry dear...
Bride: Never mind love, thanks for the new evening gown you'll be buying for me tomorrow :P


Drinking with crossed hands...


SM: Yummy!
PF: Yucks!
Cat: Burp!
Rainbow: My nails!

Prawns... definitely better than the one I had during CNY 2009!

Ginger herbal chicken... i think this is the first time I had this dish served in a wedding dinner... ah well, there's a first for everything...


Mushrooms, abalone and vege... no sea cucumber lah :(

The dessert... fried yam and mango pudding... I think :P

Anyway, congratulations YT and I wish you an exciting and happy marriage filled with love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't u say that u drove them all they way to m'ca? how come its the gal on the driver seat at first photo? or u let them to make use of ur car as make-up room? hehe :P
bamboo, u did a great job, i can reminiscing my primary classmates through ur photos.

Bamboo said...

myloonatic: The girls kicked me out of MY car to use the rear mirror to put on make up lah.
I glad to be of service to rekindle your sweet memories... though I din realize that you were classmates with them in primary school. :)